High in the New Zealand mountains where winter brings snow and ice and the summers are hot and dry lives the famous merino sheep. Their unique wool has evolved to keep them cool in summer and warm through the winter. Those properties make merino wool the ideal fabric for kids to wear and our clothes are made exclusively from merino wool.
- Merino is the world’s naturally technical fibre which is renewable and bio-degradable. It’s natural proteins will completely break down with environmental exposure into organic carbon and return to the environment in years to come.
- Merino wool is a natural and sustainable resource because merino wool continues to grow each year after the annual harvesting of the fleece.
- Merino sheep live on a diet of water and grasses and live outdoors.
- Merino fibres are much softer than normal wool fibres, so can be worn against even the most sensitive skin
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear, it has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Creates a responsive microclimate around your child’s body and ‘wicks’ away moisture.
- The lanolin in merino wool is naturally anti-odour, antibacterial and non-allergenic – it’s even fire-retardant.
- Our wool is dyed using a GOTS-certified dying process and our finishing processes are mechanical and no chemicals are added.
- We only use wool from farms that DO NOT practice mulesing.
- Our clothes are machine-washable and fast drying